These are the Libyan snack. So soft and moist from inside with every delicious bite. You can keep any stuffings. I have tried with Chicken and aloo mutter. Both have turned out to be awesome.
Whole wheat flour (WWF)- 1/2 cup + 3/4 cup
All purpose flour (APF)- 1/2 cup + 3/4 cup
Warm Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp or as per your requirement
Instant dry yeast - 1/2 tbsp
Oil - 1/4 cup
- Preheat the Oven @220'C for about 10 mins.
- In a bowl , take 1/2 cup of WWF and 1/2 cup of APF , salt , sugar , yeast.
- Add water and combine with a spatula. This looks like a pancake batter and allow it to rest for 10 mins.
- Then add oil to the above batter and stir just to incorporate.
- Go ahead and add the remaining flours and stir with a wooden spoon.
- You can also use your hands if needed.
- Bring this dough onto the work surface and knead it until the dough becomes soft and smooth.
- You can flour your work surface if you feel the dough to be too sticky.
- Keep kneading util it becomes smooth.
- Gently poke the doug if springs back you are done kneading the dough. It took 10 mins for me.
- Grease your bowl with some oil and place the dough and coat the dough with some oil , in order to stop the dough from dryness.
- Allow it to rise until double in size for about an hour.
Making the rolls :
- Punch down the dough and knead for 2 mins.
- Cut the dough into 2 equal halves. Flatten the dough using the rolling pin and form a circle with 1/4" inch thick.
- Cut the dough using the pizza cutter like we cut the pizza's ( diagonal cut )
- Place the stuffings in each of the triangle dough at the edges.
- Now fold left and right corners first and then pulling all the edges and rolling the dough like i have done in the image.
- Arrange these on the tray and apply some milk on the top and sprinkle some black sesame seeds.
- Bake these stuffed breads for 15 mins @ 220'C.