Made a similar type of healthy biscuits using multigrains.
In order to make the multi-grains flour , please check on the link :http://abhis-recipes.blogspot.in/…/sathu-maavu-recipes-for-…
Since I already had the flour , the process was more simpler for me to do. Like earlier I did the Ragi biscuits , the same way I wanna give it a shot.
Sathu maavu / Multi Grain Flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup ( You can even substitute this with Jowar Flour )
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
Chilled Unsalted Butter - 6 tbsp , cut into small cubes
Milk - 1 tbsp or little more just to form the dough
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Flour to dust - Little
- Preheat Oven @ 180'C for about 10 mins.
- Sieve both flours along with sugar and baking powder.
- Add chilled butter cubes and using fingers crush them into the flour until it forms a crumble texture.
- Then add vanilla extract and milk to form a soft dough.
- Wrap it with cling film and refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Then dust some flour on the work area and roll this little thicker than chapati dough. Cut into required shape using cookie cutters or any round glass.
- Bake it for 11 to 12 mins. Allow it cool down before you have the yummy cookies.