Tamarind Juice - 1/4 cup
Salt - as required
Sesame oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
Ground nut - 1 tbsp
Chana dal - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
Dry red chilies - 2
Ground Powder :
Black sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry roast each of the ingredients separately and powder them.
- Now heat oil in a pan , add mustard seeds , dry red chilies , ground nut , chana dal ,
- Add tamarind juice and allow it to come to a boil.
- Now add turmeric powder , red chili powder and cook them for 4 to 5 mins.
- If it starts to thicken a lot , add little water and allow to cook for another 2 mins.
- Finally add curry leaves and 2 tsp of the ground powder.
- Season with require salt and can be used with rice.