- In order to maintain the tenderness and juiciness in the chicken , use moderate heat while cooking.
- High temperatures toughen the protein , squeeze out juices , causing excessive shrinkage.
- Marinate chicken for grilling and tandoori recipes. It helps to tenderize the meat.
Cooking Method :
- Chicken can be cooked covered on low flame without pressure cooking. If the chicken is big , say 1 kg , it will be better to pressure cook it to 2 whistles.
- Do not over cook chicken. It tends to get hard and chewy.
- Never start cooking or marinating frozen chicken. Let it thaw at room temperature.
- Do not cook chicken with bones in non stick pan as bones ruin non stick coatings.
- Do not wash the frozen chicken again at the time of cooking.
General cooking :
- Always wash mince in a strainer and not in a pan. Squeeze well to remove all water.
- It is better to grind the mince once in a mixer to give it a sticky consistence so that the Kebabs or seekhs bind well and do not scatter while cooking.
- Do not add garlic to very hot oil ; it turns brown and loses most of its flavour.