Preparing Quiche has three different steps to be followed. Need to prepare the pie crust , filling ( can be vegetarian or non vegetarian , I preferred to have Chicken stuff ) , and finally the custard. Once all the three steps are done , we can finally assemble the Quiche .
Let us first start preparing the crust. Below are the ingredients to prepare the pie Crust.
All purpose flour – 2/3 cup
Butter – 1/3 cup , cut into small cubes ( maintained in cold temperature )
Salt – a pinch
Cold water – 1 tbsp
- Combine the dry ingredients ( All purpose flour , salt ) together.
- Add the butter cubes and mix them well by combining them using only fingers.
- Once the butter is combined well with the flour , add cold water little by little and form a dough.
- Then wrap the dough using cling flim wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Note : I used the zip lock bag for air tight.
Rolling the Dough :
- Dust the surface with flour and start rolling into 9 inch circle ( extra 1 inch is required , so that it will be easy to place on the Pie mould )
- Place the rolled dough on the pie mould and remove the excess dough.
- Prick the pie crust surface with fork , so that the dough would not raise while baking.
- Preheat oven to 190’c and bake for 10 mins until light brown and keep them aside to cool.
For the Filling :
Chicken - 1/4 cup
Tofu - 4 tbsp ( chopped into cubes )
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Chicken kabab masala - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curd - 2 tbsp
Salt - as required
Capsicum - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1
Oil - as required
1. Marinate the chicken for 15 mins with curd , red chili powder , ginger garlic paste , salt , chicken kabab masala , pepper powder.
2. Then tawa fry the chicken until it is done 3/4th.
3. In the same marination use tofu and tawa fry them.
4. Heat oil in a pan , add onion , capsicum , finally add chicken , tofu and give it a quick stir.
5. Keep them aside for assembling the Quiche.
Fresh cream – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
White pepper powder – ½ tsp
Salt – as required
Preparation of Custard :
Combine all the ingredients and whisk them until all the ingredients are completely dissolved.
Remaining Ingredient :
Cheese – as required ( I used Milky mist Cheese slices and give it a try.. It turned out so well )
Preparing Quiche :
Grate the cheese on the pie crust and spread them evenly.
Then fill in with the chicken tofu filling and cover it with the custard.
Finally top it with grated cheese and bake for 25 mins.