Banana - 2
Wheat Flour - 1.5 cups
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2/3 Cup
Milk - 1/4 Cup
Walnut - 1/4 Cup ( Chopped )
Brown Sugar - 100 gms or 1/2 cup
Vennila Essence - 2 drops
Salt - A Pinch
1. Take ripe or over ripe bananas. I have used here over ripe bananas. mash the bananas with a fork to a smooth consistency. there should be no chunks. you can also use a blender to mash the bananas.
2. Add sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
3. Stir very well so that the oil mixes with the banana puree and the sugar dissolves.
4. Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt directly in the bowl
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients very well.
6. Add the chopped walnuts and fold again. apart from walnuts, you can also add raisins, pistachios or any dry fruits of your choice. chocolate chips can also be added.
7. pour the batter in a greased or lined loaf pan ( 7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches) or round cake pan (7.5 x 2 inches).
8. Keep the pan in the preheated(10 mins ) pressure cooker and cook for 35 to 40 mins till tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
9. Allow it to cool down and then it will be easy to remove the cake from pan.
If you like spiced cakes, you can also add about 1/8 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg powder in the cake.