Chana dal - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Coconut ( shredded or chopped ) - 1/2 cup ( I preferred roasted coconut )
Jaggery - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Water - as required
Salt - a pinch
Ghee - 1tbsp
Oil - for deep frying
1. Pressure cook chana dal with required amount of water.
2. Make jaggery syrup with 5 to 6 tbsp of water.
3. Now coarsely grind the chana dal and keep them aside.
4. Heat ghee in a pan , add chana dal , cardamom powder , salt , filtered jaggery syrup ( after removing the impurities ).
5. Finally add roasted coconut and make a dough.
6. In a separate bowl , add all purpose flour , pinch of salt and little water. Make a batter.
7. Make small balls of the poornam and dip in the batter. Deep fry the balls and serve.