Raw rice - 1 cup
Aval ( rice flakes ) - 1 cup
Ghee - as required
Salt - a pinch
Jaggery - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Coconut - 4 tbsp
Banana - 1
Prepare thick jaggery syrup with little water.
Preparation 2 :
1. Soak rice for 1 hour.
2. Rince aval for 2 to 3 times in water and leave it for 10 mins so that it becomes soft.
3. Now in a blender , add rice without water and blend it for smooth texture.
4. Then add banana , aval , coconut and smash them well in blender.
5. Add them to the bowl with salt , cardamom powder , jaggery syrup and mix them well.
6. Heat ghee in appam pan ( Paniyaram maker ) and pour laddle of this mixture and cook them using ghee.