Chicken - 500 gms
Dry red chili - 10
Garlic - 10 to 15
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Curd - 1 tbsp
Salt - As required
Oil - 2 tbsp
Tomato - 1
Onion - 1
Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Cucumber seeds - 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts - 4 to 5
Cinnamon - 1"
Star Anise - 1
1. Marinate chicken with turmeric powder , salt , curd.
Ground Paste :
1. Blend Cucumber seeds , cashew nuts and a tsp of fennel seeds with little and make a fine paste.
2. Blend tomato , dry chili , garlic into fine paste and keep them aside.
1. Heat oil in a pan , add fennel seeds , cinnamon , star anise. Saute them for a min.
2. Add curry leaves , onion. Once the onion is cooked add ginger garlic paste.
3. Add the marinated chicken and cook them for 2 mins by covering the lid or till the water is oozed out and leaves the oil from chicken.
4. Add the ground tomato paste and combine well with chicken.
5. Add coriander powder and cook them for 2 to 3 mins.
6. Add 1/2 cup of water and allow the chicken to cook. Once it starts to boil , add ground cashew nut paste.
7. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and can be served hot with Roti or Naan.