Basmati Rice - 1 cup ( Cleanly wash and keep it aside for 10 mins )
Green Peas - 1/4 cup
Green chillies - 2
Onion - 1
Mint leaves - 2 tbsp
Water - 13/4 cup
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Salt - As required
Cinnamon - 1"
Star anise - 1
Cardamom - 1
Cloves - 2
Butter - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil , butter in a pressure cooker , add the whole spices.
2. Add onion and saute till it changes color.
3. Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute them for about 2 mins.
4. Add the mint leaves and strir for a minute.
5. Go ahead and add the rice and saute for 5 mins or until the rice becomes slight brown in color .
6. Add the measured water and season with salt.
7. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Serve hot with plain raitha or any spicy fry vegetables.