All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Dark Chocolate - 150 gm ( Chopped )
Water - 4 tbsp
Butter - 150 gm ( Room temperature )
Caster Sugar - 2/3 cup
Eggs - 4
Almonds ( ground ) - 11/4 cups
Chocolate Syrup - 1/2 cup
( Note : I used ready made Hershey's chocolate syrup )
Plain Chocolate - 50 gms ( Chopped )
1. Grease the cake pan with butter and dust with all purpose flour.
2. Perheat oven to 160C or 325F.
3. Place the chocolate and water in a small pan ( i used non - stick ) and melt it. Allow it to cool down a bit.
4. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
5. In another clean dry bowl , whisk the egg whites , until stiff.
6. Beat the chocolate , until it becomes smooth.
7. Combine almonds , flour and fold into the cake mixture.
8. Pour the cake mixture into the cake pan and bake for approximately 1hour or test by placing a toothpick through the center, when it comes out clean , that means the cake is baked.
9. Rest the pan for 5 mins before removing it from the pan.
For the Topping :
1. Cut the cake into 2 halves.
2. Into the first half , equally spread half of the chocolate syrup.
3. Place the top half and spread the remaining syrup.
4. Decorate it with the chopped chocolate on top of the cake.
Optional - You may decorate it with whipped cream on corners.