Fish - 500 gms
Dry chili - 10 to 12
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - 1 lemon size
Oil - 2 tbsp
Shallots - 10
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt - As required
1. Soak tamarind in a cup of water for 10 mins and make a thick juice.
2. Grind chili , coriander seeds , turmeric powder , black pepper to a paste.
3. Add the ground paste to tamarind juice and add salt to taste and mix well/
4. Heat oil in a pan , add fenugreek seeds and fry for a minute.
5. Add cumin seeds and saute for a minute.
6. Add onion and saute them until golden brown.
7. Now add tamarind juice and cook for 20 - 30 min ( add water if necessary )
8. When raw smell disappears from the masala , add the fish and cook for 5 to 10 mins.