Chicken - 1/2 kg
Garlic ( chopped ) - 15 cloves
Black pepper - 2 tbsp ( coarsely powdered )
Onion - 2
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt - As required
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
Curry Masala or Garam masala ( Optional ) - 1/2 tsp
For Tempering :
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Dried red chili - 2
Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder , red chili powder , curry masala , lemon juice , salt , ginger garlic paste for about 20 mins.
2. Heat oil in a pan , add the tempering ingredients. Now add the chopped garlic and saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Now add the onions and continue to saute for about a minute or until they become translucent.
4. Go ahead and add the marinated chicken and cook until the chicken is done or it leaves oil at the edges of the pan.
5. If required add little water. Finally add coarsely ground pepper and combine well with the chicken.
6. Garnish the chicken with coriander leaves.